Stable Diffusion is a powerful AI image generation model that can create amazingly realistic and creative images from text prompts. However, writing effective prompts requires some skill and practice. This article will provide examples of high-quality Stable Diffusion prompts and tips for crafting your own prompts.
The key to getting great results from Stable Diffusion is writing detailed and descriptive prompts. The AI relies completely on the text prompt to understand what type of image you want it to generate. More details in the prompt lead to better results.
Elements of a Good Stable Diffusion Prompt
A good Stable Diffusion prompt should include the following elements:
Subject and Content
- Describe the main subject matter of the image. For example: “a portrait of a girl”, “a fantasy landscape”, “a still life painting”.
- Specify the artistic style: “in Andy Warhol’s pop art style”, “in the style of an oil painting”, “with a cinematic widescreen aspect ratio”.
- Add relevant descriptive details about the subject: “wearing a blue dress and holding a red rose”, “at sunset with rays of light streaming over mountains”. More details = better results.
- You can specify a particular artist’s style: “in the style of Van Gogh”, “imitating the brushwork of Monet”.
Stable Diffusion Prompt Examples
Here are some examples of high-quality prompts for Stable Diffusion:
A stylized portrait of a beautiful elf princess with long golden hair braided with flowers, piercing green eyes, pointy ears, in a flowing white dress. Dramatic lighting, highly detailed, digital painting, artstation, concept art, sharp focus, illustration by Artgerm and Greg Rutkowski
An epic wide angle landscape matte painting of a lush green valley with a crystal blue lake and waterfalls flowing from snowy mountains, by Ian Jones and Thomas Kinkade, trending on artstation HQ
Still Life Prompt
A high detail still life oil painting by Claude Monet of a vase with vibrant orange lilies and lavender roses, reflected in a stained glass window with soft lighting shining through
Tips for Crafting Stable Diffusion Prompts
Here are some tips to help you write better Stable Diffusion prompts:
- Be as detailed and specific as possible – don’t leave anything to interpretation!
- Use adjectives to describe textures, colors, lighting, shapes etc.
- Specify an art style or artist if you want a particular aesthetic.
- Use multiple styles/artists to blend elements from different aesthetics.
- Specify a composition like “cinematic wideshot landscape”.
- Set the tone with adjectives like “whimsical”, “epic”, “serene”.
- Use quality descriptors like “intricately detailed”, “photorealistic”, “HDR”.
- Iterate on prompts – try slightly different wording until you get the results you want.
Writing effective prompts is crucial for generating great AI art with Stable Diffusion. Use plenty of descriptive details, specify artistic styles and aesthetics, set the tone and composition, and iterate on your prompts. With practice, you’ll be able to reliably create amazing AI images tailored to your creative vision.
For more Stable Diffusion resources, check out these sites: